Search This Blog

Friday, March 1, 2024

SXSW2024: Villagerrr

The more bands I listen to on the Cheer Up Charlie's Saturday party the more I love the lineup. If we don't have another place to go we may want to head there early and stay all day.

I can't find much about this band but I like really like it.  His Bandcamp page says:

the solo project of Mark Scott. Sometimes other people help.

I did find a PR page that says:

2022 marked an exceptionally prolific period for Scott. He released three albums, Brain Pain, Ohioan, and Like Leaves as well as an EP, Something or Somewhere Else. All of these releases were quiet uploads on Bandcamp and streaming services, but as he started to perform these songs live they began to resonate beyond his circle. 

His new album doesn't come out until March 22nd.  He has a few other albums on Bandcamp.  It looks like Darling Records signed him and is releasing his latest album.  They also are re-releasing an earlier album Like Leaves.

"See" is a nice song.

This song is great:

 

1 comment:

the future Mrs. Smith said...

I listened to the Like Leaves album. Very good.