Friday at 2pm. File this under the "I'm out of touch" category. According to their website bio:
Adam Fischer and Hunter Glaske launched Night Traveler in 2018 with nothing but a song: no fanbase, no live shows, just their debut single “1984” released into the void. Within a month, it had 100,000 streams.
The music spoke for itself.
Since then, the Austin-based duo has refined a signature sound that draws comparisons to The War on Drugs and The Paper Kites while carving out distinctly their own lane.
They have 178K monthly listeners on Spotify. Their songs have over 3M streams. Strangely, they only have 188 followers on do512 and their last show was in 2024 at Brushy Street Commons. They haven't performed or toured since.
"Missing You" is them live at Parish/Brushy Street. They're more pop/ballads a la Bryan Adams than rock like War on Drugs.
I guess that's why I don't recognize them. I can't find what they've been up to in the interim.
"Damage" is pretty good.
"1984" was their first single.
This was probably my favorite. Good start the festival tunes.
1 comment:
They have a Cure riff going in Hot Spot. I guess on purpose since they mention them in the song. The other songs are MELLOW.
Post a Comment