Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 9, 2026

ACL 2026: Lykke Li

Saturday at 7:30pm. Obviously my first choice.  I only post as I haven't really heard much about her since we saw her so many years ago. She just released her 6th and possibly final album, according to this article.

It says:

Maybe that’s why she speaks so casually about walking away from it all — disappearing to art school, studying theology, moving to a remote island without a phone.

This question sums up her new album:

Q:You were in a different chapter while creating this album than the last, having just had your second child and the world being a different place than 2022. Where did this album come from emotionally?

A: I don’t bring motherhood into my work at all. This album actually goes straight against it.

It’s more like the opposite: a creature of the night, a f*ck boy, heathenous… like I don’t give a sh*t. Art is where you get to do something else. I love being a mother for the record, but art is the release. It keeps me in fighting form.

I think this is my attempt to be a male rock star. While making it, I was listening to The Rolling Stones, Radiohead, The Verve, Black Sabbath, The Beatles, just every great male rock artist that's ever lived, I guess, which is a bit sad because it sounds misogynistic, but the world is.

Her recent setlists cover her career. 

"Happy Now" is on the new album.

This is also on the new album.  

No comments: