Sunday at 2pm on the Tito's stage. Per Wikipedia:
Andrea Paloma Barrios Gomez Álvarez Morphy (born Mexico City, 2000), known professionally as Paloma Morphy, is a Mexican songwriter and singer. Morphy won the 2025 Latin Grammy Awards Best New Artist award. Rolling Stone en Español named her an Artist you should know in may 2024 and Billboard named her the November 2025 "Latin Artist on the Rise".
It also says:
Paloma Morphy worked as a lawyer before she left her legal career to pursue music.
"pijama" is alt-pop. I like it.
"SEB" is good, too. Good afternoon chill music. The end has The XX feel.
"la mexicana" is nice. From this interview:
“I wrote this song because, during my time working at the prosecutor’s office, I realized how many reports of gender-based violence never even reached the investigation stage. From that perspective, I wrote a song to Mexico as if it were a person I love, because I love my country; it’s beautiful in so many ways, but in this song, I ask Mexico: Why don’t you love me the way I love you? It’s truly my way of raising my voice, and it’s made me reflect on how we can truly make a difference.”
This is her most streamed song.
No comments:
Post a Comment