Search This Blog

Thursday, September 10, 2026

ACL 2026: Rubio

Sunday at 12:45pm on the BMI stage.  According to this bio:

Lauded by Rolling Stone, Pitchfork and Billboard for her alchemic blend of dark avant-pop, Rubio is the award-winning brainchild of Chilean artist, songwriter and producer Fran Straube, also nominated to a Latin Grammy for her music video “Nacimos Llorando” and with her most recent debut on Tiny Desk Concert.

Per Rolling Stone:  “Nacimos Llorando,” is a short film directed by Fernando Cattori, that tells a shattering story of LGBTQ love and heartbreak. It came out in October (2023), and it’s partially set to “Kitsungi” and “Llorar.”

It's 21 minutes long. I'll skip ahead to play "Kitsungi".


Here's the Tiny Desk Concert. 

She also performed on KEXP. I like this better than the Tiny Desk. Synths help.

"Nuestra Canción" is a nice tune.

Good start to the day.  

This is from her latest album and is the last song played on the Tiny Desk Concert. I like it.

1 comment:

the future Mrs. Smith said...

I like her. Hopefully the music will translate outside on that little stage.