Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 8, 2026

ACL 2026: Palace

Saturday at 5:30pm on the Beatbox stage.  Per Wikipedia:

Palace is a British alternative rock band from London. The band has released four full-length studio albums to date...The band have performed several headlining tours worldwide, in addition to playing at major festivals including Glastonbury (2016, 2019) and Coachella (2024).

Four albums and major festivals yet I don't think I've ever heard of them. Do512 describes their sound:

a self-described alternative blues-rock group with a relaxed, atmospheric sound. Their music has an introspective feel. It's melodic and dynamic in its languid movement and the lyrics express personal emotions with a universal emotional spectrum.

They played Stubb's last March.

"Ohio" is their latest single that is going to be on their 5th album.  It's pretty good.

"Bitter" is from their debut album.

"Heaven Up There" is nice. A mix of Elbow and Foals. Should be a chill show.

This is their most streamed song.  I like it.  Has a Real Estate feel.


1 comment:

the future Mrs. Smith said...

This is my pic for the time slot.