Search This Blog

Monday, September 14, 2026

ACL 2026: Stella Lefty

Sunday at 2:45pm.  I guess she doesn't need much of an introduction as the hype and the backlash have preceded this.  Savingcountrymusic has been covering her as she leans country. Some of his articles:

"Making Sense of Stella Lefty and New Song “Boston”"

"The More They Say Stella Lefty Isn’t a “Nepo Baby,” The More I Think She Is"

Nepo Baby because her dad is a billionaire.  

Then there were the song theft accusations. From Rolling Stone:

"Stella Lefty Hit With Another Plagiarism Accusation"

If you didn't read the article that's the 5th song accused of being plagiarized.

I won't rehash it all.  

"Boston" was her breakout hit. She had to add Noah Kahan to the song credits after she admitted it borrowed liberally from "Stick Season".  First comment under the video: "You cannot convince me this girl has ever been on a public train." haha.

"Thinking 'bout You" is pop country. Catchy.

"I Know I Know" is nice.  As SavingCountryMusic says:

Stella Lefty’s music itself is fine and inoffensive. It’s not that especially great, and it’s not that especially country either. But it’s also not bad. It just kind of “is.” 

This is a good country song. Cute video, too.

1 comment:

the future Mrs. Smith said...

There's another country artist playing about the same time. I guess you could call him a nepo baby, but at least the music is good. And is genuine.