Saturday at 6:30pm on the Tito's stage. Also known as Yousuke Yukimatsu. You're not going to believe this but ACL booked a DJ to play the festival. Wild.
According to Wikipedia:
Originally employed in construction, Yukimatsu was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor in 2016, leading him to leave his job. After undergoing treatment and two surgeries, he shifted his focus entirely to DJing, further developing his experimental style.
It also says:
Yukimatsu is known for performing topless during his sets.
Our other options at this time are ACL veterans Bleachers and Lola Young.
Apparently his Boiler Room set in Tokyo went viral. This video has 20M views.
Here's a short documentary called "The Insane Rise of Yousuke Yukimatsu". The first couple minutes are worth watching. I didn't know there are TWO kinds of DJs. I do now.
Most everything online is his sets at different festivals. Here is a short video of him with his shirt off.
1 comment:
I'll tell you what this type of dj is... the type that causes me anxiety.
Post a Comment